10 Short Questions With ZAXX
1. What is the best part about being a producer?
- I'd say the best part about being a producer is having the ability to work from home in the comfort of your room and being able to have a large number of people listen to something you made one day after you rolled out of bed in the morning. It’s pretty cool :)
2. How did it all start for you?
- I think it all started back when I was listening to old dreamy-trance tunes on YouTube. The melodies really inspired me and I was immediately hooked by the music. A lot of experimenting over the years lead to me getting serious with a few free releases, which were then supported by some of the world's biggest DJ’s. That's when I thought there was potential in this.
3. What would you be doing now if it wasn't for music?
- Before I was making music, I was in the ROTC program at my school. I really wanted to join the military, but then the music thing started to take off and a bunch of people were digging my tracks so I put all my focus on that. So if I wasn't making music...I’d either be a Marine or a doctor.
4. Is talent, hard work, or the connections you make the most important factor for being successful?
- I think it's a mix of all 3. If you have a dream and you fully devote yourself to it, you will get something out of it. You aren't born knowing how to make dance music so it takes plenty of practice. Connections are important, but in order to make good connections you definitely need to back it up with good music.
5. When do you usually make music?
- I make music whenever I'm home. It's literally all I do every day besides eat and sleep!
6. What is your favorite synthesizer? Which one do you use most in your productions?
- My favorite synthesizer is Sylenth…it’s very intuitive. I also really love Spire. They both have amazing sounds.
7. Do you work on mastering/mixing by yourself? Favorite Compressor/ Limiter/Maximizer ?
- Yes, I mix and master everything myself. It's time consuming, but at the end of the day I like my tracks to have their own distinct sounds to them. My favorite tool to use for mastering is Izotope Ozone!
8. What was the best reaction you've gotten when a fan got to meet you?
- The best reaction is meeting a supporter who had a cardboard cut out of my face. Him and his mom both had ZAXX shirts and ZAXX kandi. It was truly humbling to see so much support :)
9. How did you discover Vandalism?
- I've been using Vandalism presets since I first started producing...I think everyone has :)
10. What makes you choose Vandalism over other competitors?
- Vandalism's sounds are quality, get the job done well, and I will continue to use them!
*All pictures of ZAXX come from his facebook. Follow him for more!