10 Short questions with Tom Swoon
Tom Swoon is a Polish DJ and Producer born in 1993. He is most famous for his international hits such as 'Ahead Of Us' with Lush & Simon, "Holika", "Synchronize" with Hadouken & Paris Blohm or "Wait" with Paris & Simo. His achievements of the past few years (tour of India with Steve Aoki, his own weekly radio show and podcast in Poland's No.1 radio station, chart-topping tracks) show that this is an artist that is definitely worth watching!
- I think that there's nothing else like being able to put all your heart in something in studio and then play it out live to thousands of people in front of you! I really appreciate these moments and they are the main source of motivation for me!
- I started to learn how to DJ at the age of 15, and after over a year of practice at home and one of the local clubs, upgrading my gear from a small MIDI controller to CDJs, I still felt not fully satisfied of what I do, like there's a missing piece in that puzzle. So I dared myself to learn how to produce. I still remember installing FL studio for the first time in my life back in the beginning of 2010!
- I think I would still definitely do something art-related, like being a graphic designer, or videographer, etc.
- In my opinion, it's the combination of all of them! But there's a certain thing people tend to forget, that almost nobody has the so called "connections" from the day one of their career - you have to work these connections out, build your name first and in order to achieve that, you need to have the first two things you mentioned - talent and hard work.
- There's no specific rule or routine for that, I just sit down and work whenever I have some time and feel inspired, and even if I'm not, I still open up my DAW to make some edits etc for my live shows - sometimes they ignite some inspiration too!
- I mostly use Sylenth, Massive and Spire, can't tell which one I use the most though - the amount of them is equally balanced in almost all of my projects.
- Yes, I'm mixing by myself and I use iZotope Ozone as a reference on master bus, before I hand out the project for professional mastering sometimes . As for compressor/limiter favourite picks, I'd choose the FabFilter plugins: Pro-C and Pro-L.
- I can’t really come up with only one best reaction, since I’ve seen a lot of them in different parts of the world and I truly appreciate every kind of support on an equal level, no matter if it’s a flag, sign, kandi or simply someone knowing my discography better than me haha.
- I’ve actually heard about them from some fellow producers and friends, so I checked it out on my own after a few recommendations.
- I surely like the consistency, because Vandalism soundbanks, samples etc. are coming out really frequently and are always packed with fresh stuff. Also, no matter which one of the most popular synthetizers is your favourite – Vandalism got you covered, delivering different soundbanks for most of them.