10 Short Questions With Toby Green
1. What is the best part about being a producer?
- The feeling when you’re really inspired for sure. Nothing beats that high feeling of having created something magical.
2. How did it all start for you?
- My dad has been a musician for most of his life, and when I was about 6 years old he introduced me to playing the drums. I played the drums for about 5 years, until I on my 11th birthday received a copy of FL Studio 7. Been hooked ever since! My drum teacher wasn’t too happy, though...
3. What would you be doing now if it wasn't for music?
- I would be studying biochemistry, always been fascinated by that.
4. Is talent, hard work, or the connections you make the most important factor for being successful?
- Hard work weighs the most, for sure. Talent is nice to have too, and of course connections as well. Buuuut - if you work hard enough, I’ll ENSURE you, you will find the connections eventually.
5. When do you usually make music?
- In the early morning! Opposite of most producers I actually like to work when it’s bright. I’m not really a night-person, unless I’m in a club.
6. What is your favorite synthesizer? Which one do you use most in your productions?
- Sylenth1! The beauty of this thing lies in its simplicity. It encourages songwriting and not 'nerding around', which is always a plus in my book! Serum wins if we’re talking sounddesign though.
7. Do you work on mastering/mixing by yourself? Favorite Compressor/ Limiter/Maximizer ?
- Most of the time, I do it myself yes! I use the Fabfilter Pro-C and Pro-L plugins a lot.
8. What was the best reaction you've gotten when a fan got to meet you?
- It’s always a joy to take pictures with fans! People are generally awesome.
9. How did you discover Vandalism?
- Through my producer buddies.
10. What makes you choose Vandalism over other competitors?
- Consistency and how easily the presets fits in a mix. A big help for fast, creative work flow!
*All pictures of Toby Green come from his facebook. Follow him for more!