10 SHORT QUESTIONS WITH SKYTECH
1. What is the best part about being a producer?
- Getting positive feedback from fans, not-fans, and fellow-producers or djs.
2. How did it all start for you?
- I sort of looked up to my older brother who played around with DAW back in 2002. I figured I could do that myself so started to experiment with him with different sounds and sort of tried to make something as good as the music we listened to. And failed big time at first . But after some practice we started to get better.
3. What would you be doing now if it wasn't for music?
- I’d probably be involved in economics. Either as a scientist or politician.
4. Is talent, hard work, or the connections you make the most important factor for being successful?
- Talent is the starting point, the more you have the better. Then comes the hard work to spill your talent into music. Then if what you do lets you make good connections, you can take it to a whole new level. So you basically need all of them in some proportions.
5. When do you usually make music?
- When I don’t sleep.
6. What is your favorite synthesizer? Which one do you use most in your productions?
- Recently my main weapon of choice became the mighty Serum from Xfer Records.
7. Do you work on mastering/mixing by yourself? Favorite Compressor/ Limiter/Maximizer?
- I always do my own mixdowns and mastering but other people involved in mixing/mastering might be very healthy for the track and I do that very often. As for favourite mastering plugin I’d say Vengeance Multiband Compressor.
8. What was the best reaction you've gotten when a fan got to meet you?
- Got a round of shots.
9. How did you discover Vandalism?
- I saw it in Martin Garrix “Animals” tutorial.
10. What makes you choose Vandalism over other competitors?
- I think Vandalism is very flexible with the constantly changing music. Always going where the fire is.
All pictures of Skytech come from his facebook. Follow him for more!