10 Short Questions With Nils Van Zandt
1. What is the best part about being a producer?
-The love what you get from your fans when you post your creation.
2. How did it all start for you?
- It was in 2005 ! I started my own act called Starstylers ! The first track we did called 'Keep on moving' (With the melody of Sash - Equador ) It hits number one in France.
3. What would you be doing now if it wasn't for music?
- Being bored i think haha ! No music no life !
4. Is talent, hard work, or the connections you make the most important factor for being successful?
- To be on top of the world of music for me is working 24/7 if i can ! And also meet people and other producers/djs. But most important factor is 'Be Yourself' !
5. When do you usually make music?
- I normally make music from Monday to Wednesday at my studio or in the weekend in my hotel or in the plane !
6. What is your favorite synthesizer? Which one do you use most in your productions?
- I use a lot of synthesizer Plugins ! Like A.N.A, Spire, Sylenth1 and Refx Nexus 2
7. Do you work on mastering/mixing by yourself? Favorite Compressor/ Limiter/Maximizer ?
- Sometimes I do but mostly I go to my Mastering Studio to get the right vibe ! But good plugins for mastering are Mercury waves bundle and Ozone !
8. What was the best reaction you've gotten when a fan got to meet you?
- Somebody shows me her arm with my logo as Tattoo.
9. How did you discover Vandalism?
- I think i was one of the first who find Vandalism ! I'm in love with the Packs for the first time I heard them ! And still i'm using them every day !
10. What makes you choose Vandalism over other competitors?
- The sound is always updated ! It's easy to work with ! It's not expansive ! It's for everybody ! Big love for Vandalism Sounds !
*All pictures of Nils Van Zandt comes from his facebook. Follow him for more!