10 Short Questions With Marcelo CIC
For the electronic wave that pours from speakers Rio de Janeiro and beyond, Marcelo CIC holds the throne from start to finish. Hollering as a DJ and producer from house and electro to progressive beats in their rawest form, this Brazilian has it covered with labels spanning the world dropping his name across EDM catalogues and clubs booths welcoming his return. Basing in the delights across the freshest tunes from Martin Garrix to Carl cox, Steve Angello, Hardwell and electronic pioneer Tiesto, one can suggest this top 10 Brazilian DJ is one of this generation’s dance music icon.
1. What is the best part about being a producer?
- For sure is to show the fans something you did for them. I consider myself more a DJ than a producer, so each music i do is really special has a particular meaning.
2. How did it all start for you?
- Everything started very early in my life. I had always been linked to nightlife because my father was a night businessman. At the age of twelve I already was a DJ and the at 14 i started as a producer. I spent many years producing Techno Underground, I released several records and at 23 started with the mainstream market. I can say that I have a very rich mix influences and this helps a lot.
3. What would you be doing now if it wasn't for music?
- I would probably be a Federal Policeman, I has this feeling but a few people knew it. Music won, another thing that I really like are Hamburgers, i would probably be behind the counter making some. Mine are just perfect.
4. Is talent, hard work, or the connections you make the most important factor for being successful?
- Everything this together and one more important thing called Luck. Today market is very competitive, but sometimes we lose some really good talents by the lack of oportunity, on the other hand sometimes there are people that do not deserve at all and make it just because were in the right place at the right time and knew the right people. At last , I think that the best to do is to make mine the best I can do and deliver the best to my fans. I can not depend on anybody else except myself, or count on Luck, which is realy something I don’t want.
5. When do you usually make music?
- Every single day. I spend 18 hours a day in my studio work on everything related to my career, I don’tt make music everyday but I work everyday in the studio, this contact makes me grow and learn. I guess all producers after a great show come back to their studios more inspired, and here is how it works.
6. What is your favorite synthesizer? Which one do you use most in your productions?
- My favorite synths are Sylenth1, Nexus2, Massive and Serum. I have worked a lot with Spire and Nexus2 lately on my songs. Indeed is more than time for you to make some sounds for Vengeance (Nexus2) LOL.
7. Do you work on mastering/mixing by yourself? Favorite Compressor/ Limiter/Maximizer ?
- I always have a mastered version by myself, I use plugins such as Waves (L1,CLA76, Lo Air) and the UAD (Manley EQ, Precision plugins, Neve EQ) for those. But lately I have been using 2 sound engineers that work with me. A 24Mastering (Misjah) and the Sounds Huge (Bernn) are the one i constantly use to produce my masters, mainly when i am on a tour.
8. What was the best reaction you've gotten when a fan got to meet you?
- Talk about my fans is very easy, they are awesome, they are my fuel supply. I have been receiving so much love and care from them. I am excited to have a great recognition from everybody everywhere. I don't stop working till this happens.
9. How did you discover Vandalism?
- Easy! I think 101% of these producers in the world use Vandalism. I can't imagine somebody producing without it nowadays. It’s perfect!
10. What makes you choose Vandalism over other competitors?
- Quality and accessibility are factors that really make Vandalism being different. One of the most important is the expansion for other plugins and different kind of music. I'm not used to work with originals presets in a track because I believe it is more interesting to mix them all to find out a unique and exclusive sound. Don't worry with other competitors, the slice of help that you already give us is more than enough to make you unique. Thanks Vandalism Team! Keep rocking guys…
*All pictures of Marcelo CIC come from his facebook. Follow him for more!