10 SHORT QUESTIONS WITH JAY HARDWAY
With big successes already achieved in his still short career, Jay Hardway is proving to be a special one. His collaborations with wonderboy Martin Garrix are big dance floor bangers, receiving worldwide support from the biggest names in the scene. Born in small town Drunen (The Netherlands), Jay Hardway started producing music when he was fourteen years old. Starting with small gigs in pubs on his 18th he soon played for bigger crowds in clubs. Inspired by Tiësto because of his ideas about DJ- ing, as well as by the productions of Afrojack, Laidback Luke and Vato Gonzalez, he developed his own skills. Four years later, after doing lots of hard work and producing, Jay Hardway has two big releases on his resume.
- The best part is creating new things. New melodies and different sounds that sometimes you surprise yourself with.
- I was always interested in music and making music in software like e-jay or magic music maker and didn’t know how „real dj’s” made their music. Until I learned about fruity loops when i was 14 or 15 and was immediately hooked on it. Been making music almost every day since haha!
- A question I hear a lot but really can’t answer. Music is part of life for everyone I think. If it wasn’t for my dj/producer career i would probably still try to find a job somewhere in the music industry, like a label or radio station.
- A combination of those elements. Talent is what get’s you started, after that hard work is important to develop your sound and skill, and without connections you won’t be able to release your music anywhere. Although I believe connections will come eventually when you work hard and have fun in your work.
- When I got the time I’m always behind my computer making music. So this could be at night, during the day at home or on the road.
- I love Sylenth1, Massive, Nexus. Don’t really have a favorite because sometimes I’m really into Massive and sometimes more into Sylenth.
- I always do the mixing myself and sometimes mastering too. Also mastering can be done by an external company, but the difference in the final result will not be big. For a not-producer probably not even noticeable. Favorite plugin for mastering is Izotope Ozone.
- It happened 2 times a fan started crying which was amazing. Once in Portugal and once in Brazil.
- A lot of other producers used the presets.
- Quality presets which sound good already without EQ’ing and a lot of good sounds which are perfect for layering!
*All pictures of Jay Hardway come from his facebook. Follow him for more!