10 Short Questions With Daddy's Groove
Daddy's Groove is the teamwork name for a young talented trio from Italy.
They joined onto this flag in 2006 from an extended experience DJing through the south of Italy and thanks to their own bizarre instinct for domestic productions
Gianni Romano, Carlo Grieco, and Peppe Folliero have become quite soon familiar with the Italian club scene first and being approached by major indie labels a few months later in order to join them as new producers.
Many more productions as Daddy's Groove have been released since 2008 all of them being spinned by massive djs as well as getting picked up by major club labels like Axtone, JackBack, Defected, Spinnin', Doorn Records, Ultra Records….just to name a few.
Interview with Peppe Folliero.
1. What is the best part about being a producer?
- Probably doing everyday something that you’re feeling it.
2. How did it all start for you?
- It started about 25 years ago taking piano lessons, 10 years later bringing coffee in one of the most important recording studio here in Naples, 10 years later building my own “basement recording studio”.. now we are here.
3. What would you be doing now if it wasn't for music?
- I’d be trying to play soccer, ‘cause it’s one of my favourite passions.
4. Is talent, hard work, or the connections you make the most important factor for being successful?
- I think the most important factor is talent and hard work in ex aequo.. these are the only things that will bring you to the right connections for your career.
5. When do you usually make music?
- I’m usually more focused in the morning/afternoon.
6. What is your favorite synthesizer? Which one do you use most in your productions?
- Actually are Spire, A.N.A. and Serum, I use them in almost all productions.
7. Do you work on mastering/mixing by yourself? Favorite Compressor/ Limiter/Maximizer ?
- Of course I love mixing/mastering my own tracks, it’s a fundamental stage of the production.. The compressors i love are the API 2500, UREI 1176, the Teletronix LA-2A, UAD Precision Multiband and the Cytomic The Glue.. one of my favourite limiter is the A.O.M. Invisible Limiter, very respectful on the transients.
8. What was the best reaction you've gotten when a fan got to meet you?
- Once a fan literally jumped on me and tried to kiss me.. unfortunately he was a man...
9. How did you discover Vandalism
- Word of mouth.
10. What makes you choose Vandalism over other competitors?
- In one word: FRESH!
*All pictures of Daddy's Groove come from their facebook. Follow them for more!