10 SHORT QUESTIONS WITH ALVARO
Alvaro, also known as Jasper Helderman, has actively been involved in the EDM scene for more then 5 years. His craftsmanship and his unique sound has gained both the attention and respect of the who’s who in the music industry – Tiesto, David Guetta, Afrojack, LMFAO, Usher, Lil Jon, Laidback Luke, Chuckie, Sidney Samson, Diplo – you name it, they all support the Alvaro sound. Alvaro’s performances have already become legendary, his club shows sell out every time again. With true devotion to his unique sound, his fan base continues to grow globally. With performances worldwide, Alvaro is cueing up at Amsterdam airport every weekend to go and share his passion with them. With performances on major festivals like Tomorrowland, Creamfields, EDC and Ultra Music Festival, Alvaro is bringing Dutch EDM to a new level!
- The coolest thing is to actually create ur own style and also test it out in clubs and festivals all over the world. And having no creative boundries makes it so much better.
- 6 years ago i worked for the biggest house party’s in holland as a cameraman, but always wanted to be a dj. While seeing everybody play and seeing the crowd’s reaction to it i knew ive had to buy cd players to practice djing. At the same time i downloaded FL STUDIO because some of my friends already worked with it. Since i was always fast with understanding computer programs it was easy for me to know how it worked and i began producing songs that quickly after that became supported by many top djs.
- I would always do something creative, thats just how i am. So what i did before being a producer, i would be a graphic designer or cameraman/editor.
- Yes its a combination of all 3! U also have to be some kind of an business man to get all the side things done.
- Depends but mostly late in the evening, when everything outside is quiet.
- Sylenth1 is probably the one for me, sounds a bit standard haha but i also use Spire and nexus allot on the side!
- Yes i do, actually i always start with my master channel set up already haha. I know its weird but for me i dont know better since i always worked like that. My setup contains the fabfilter pro L (limiter) which i cant work without!
- The coolest thing i ever saw was someone made a big sign for me at a festival in New York. And funny about it is that after that we became friends and i take them to almost every show i play around New York.
- Not sure how exactly but i think i bought some banks and was amazed by the quality. I soon contacted u guys and received a lot more and greater sound banks. Its insane how close to real sounds ur presets are (Shocking Sounds).
- U know u can expect quality when u see the name Vandalism popup somewhere, thats really important for the brand and thats why i always choose for their soundbanks.
*All pictures of Alvaro come from his facebook. Follow him for more!